So, today is November 11, 2011 (aka 11/11/11) – there are numerologists and many others out there wringing their hands in anticipation of what will occur today. I thought I’d come up with 11 reasons or ways myself…
1) If you consider yourself to be a Nerd (I am one for sure!) then 11/11/11 is your Nerd New Year!
2) Because you deserve to give yourself a treat every now and then and 11/11/11 is now! Take a break at 11:00 am. It’s called Elevenses. It’s a mid-morning refreshment such as tea and biscuits taken around 11am.
3) Celebration is all about acknowledging the extraordinary in the ordinary. In other words, what’s special about an ordinary day or event or person (is there such a thing as an ordinary person?) Anyway – turn a mundane task you have to do today and make it extraordinary. Instead of just vacuuming – dance while you vacuum. Instead of just driving to work, crank up the CD and sing out loud! Smile when others stare at you!
4) The number 11 is symbolic of sensitivity and intuition. Celebrate today by trying to be both. Sensitive to the needs of others and intuitive enough to know how to act in a manner that makes others feel extraordinary. We all love to receive that gift.
5) Make a list of 11 things you would love to do or have today and go for it. Consider it today’s bucket list. My list is…
1) Get up early and post a blog (I rarely have time for that)
2) Spend lunch with a friend (I’m usually working during lunch)
3) Watch a rerun of a Glee episode and sing and dance with them. (I’ll be alone of course)
4) Wear my favorite outfit.
5) Lay down in the backyard for 30 minutes and watch the leaves fall from the trees.
6) Spend an extra hour with my husband tonight after dinner (instead of going back to work)
7) Eat Cocoa Puffs for breakfast
8) Call my mom in law (cause I love her so much)
9) Get to bed before 1 AM!!!
10) Listen to my favorite playlist all day while working
11) Avoid watching TV news (I don’t need to know Joe Smith’s opinion about anything)
6) Spend some extra time with your pet(s). Most of us are so busy with our daily activities, our pets end up just following us around hoping for a minute or two of affection. Your pet will love you and YOU will love you too!
7) If it’s just a little cool where you live, throw some wood in that fireplace tonight just because! There’s nothing like a firepit or fireplace fire to relax you.
8) Treat yourself and hire a maid to clean your house before Thanksgiving. One less series of activities to do and you’ll be contributing to your local economy.
9) Contact someone you haven’t spoken to for a while. Call them, text them, email them, whatever. Just take some time to do it. How many times do we go to bed at night and think, “Damn, I meant to talk to so and so today!”
10) Begin reading that book you’ve been talking about or thinking about reading. I’ve been telling myself I’d like to read Harry Potter (I’m probably the only person on the planet who hasn’t read it or seen the movies) and I just never seem to get around to it.
11) Celebrate 11/11/11 just cause it’s 11/11/11. In reality, you should celebrate every day. When my husband and I were living together very early in our relationship, I took out the fine china I had for a dinner on Thursday. I set the table as if company was coming. My husband wanted to know why and I said, “Cause it’s Thursday.” it doesn’t matter, just celebrate!!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported.